Some guidelines for implementation of Technological Tools:
- Structure the assignment to reinforce the learning objectives. Think about the goals for the assignment and design material so that the students must demonstrate learning in these areas. Find ways that you can integrate technology in either teaching the concepts and how students can demonstrate their learning with these tools.
- Don't assume the student knows the digital tool, provide or point to an online tutorial, or provide instructions.
- Allow students to have some practice using the new tool before they apply it to the complex tasks. When the student is trying to learn a new tool, their learning and performance will be divided since their attention is divided.
- Factor in potential time-consuming problems in technology or scheduling logistices, etc.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Learning with technology is more important that learning about technology!